Thursday 28 October 2010

Introducing Danny

 It has been a while coming, (or should that be threatening?) but it looks as though I've gone and gotten myself a horse! What am I thinking?

So this is Danny, a 15.2hh thoroughbred cross.

He's a 16 year old ex-showjumper. He has arthritis in one of his fetlocks so can't compete any more but is supremely fit and able to do what I have planned for him.

We've done a couple of long afternoon rides out together and he's a really comfy ride; lovely paces, plenty of go but also a reliable stop and lots of character.
I can't wait to get him home and start going out having adventures together. Welcome to the family Danny x

9 comments:

Shirley said...

Good for you! He's a beautiful horse!

Michelle said...

Oh YAY; congratulations! He sounds a lot like my Russell (do you follow my horse/dressage blog?); not the youngest or most physically capable, perhaps, but a true gentleman who is fun to "dance" with!

Mim said...

Good for you! Have fun with your new friend.

Shula said...

Congratulations, he looks a lot like my friend's horse Mikey over here in the US. A very sweet guy. May you have a great time together!

Jenny Holden said...

Thanks folks, I am excited about having a new pal!

Michelle - I'd love to follow your horsey blog and meant to ask you for the link coz I can't find it!

Michelle said...

You could find it by going to my profile, but here it is: http://boulderneighdressage.blogspot.com/. It doesn't always have photos, because I don't usually have someone to take them of US....

Jenny Holden said...

I tried to go through your profile but was told that "this blogger has not chosen to share their profile information" dunno what that was about! Thanks for the link.

Tattieweasle said...

He's gorgeous! Just had a proper catch up and congratulations on your move. Sounds like you have been having a lot of fun and I think the sheep apprecaite it too!

Carol said...

You will love having him around. I lived with and worked with race horses most of my life...I no longer have any and really miss them.