Tuesday 20 January 2009

Amid the boxes!

Our lounge has now somewhat lost the feel of a living space and taken on that of a warehouse. The corner in which boxes were being stacked has now crept up to the ceiling and out across the floor so that it dominates the room. The shelves are bare aside from the forgotten dust that had remained hidden behind books until rudely uncovered, allowing a shocking revelation of just how bad a housewife I would make. At least beavers don't need dusting!

Just three more days and nights to go. I'm excited about the move, but I'll miss so much about Askham: except perhaps this damp little flat.

In celebration of our move to Scotland, and having enjoyed Michelle's new colour scheme at Boulderneigh, I thought I'd go for a nice tartan theme.

As it happens, our first night in Scotland will be Burns night, so hopefully I will bring you photos of piping in the haggis. It is likely though that I will be off line until our broadband connection is installed at the new place, so try not to forget us while we're dealing with "technical problems!"

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I LOVE the plaid! Where did you get it? I have used a green and navy plaid in various ways for Boulderneigh, and would love to have that as a border. The little sheep, are, after all, from Scotland! I'd use the MacMillan plaid, but find it rather, um, ugly. :-(

Chris Sperring said...

HI Guys.

Have a safe and good move.

From all your friends in Somerset.
Chris.

Tammy W. said...

Jenny - love the plaid.
Hope the move goes well. We'll all be here when you get back on line.

Mim said...

I love your new look. Tartan fits your blog!

Nancy K. said...

The plaid is PERFECT! Good luck with the move. I can't wait to see photos....

ladyb1 said...

Hope your move goes well and you settle in quickly (dont let the boxes swamp you).

Gone2theDawgs said...

The plaid fits your blog well! Please have a safe move and get back to blogging as soon as possible....we'll be waiting here patiently! I've always wanted to visit Scotland, so I will really be looking forward to your posts/pics on your new surroundings!

Jenny Holden said...

Hey Folks, thanks for all the kind words of encouragement. I've been pretty stressed these last few days and it hasn't been helped by added complications about moving the sheep and having to go back into work to sort databases out!

Glad you all liked the new background. It's just one off Cutest Blog. I promise there'll be lots of photos soon :o)

BondBloke said...

Have a safe journey up peeps, and Welcome to Scotland in advance, even though I am envious of you being out there on the west coast...