Tuesday 14 September 2010

The Big Update

Hello Bloggers! It has been a while, but I've been going through a lot of changes in life and these have taken a great deal of sorting out. However, here I sit at my computer in my new job in my new office in my old town!
I'm back in sometimes sunny Ulverston, Cumbria which is where I went to school and where my parents have now lived for around ten years (we lived in a village near by when I was younger). Still working on Beavers, still for the Scottish Wildlife Trust, but now investigating how reintroductions have worked in other European countries and producing reports and articles about the ecological, social and economic aspects.
I'm looking forward to visiting some of the sites and meeting the scientists in charge of the projects.

Chris and I have moved in with my parents for a while so that we can get some money together (conservation is not the best field if you ever plan on living in anything bigger than a tin can!) and, as much as we're going to miss folk in Argyll, we're happy to be back amongst our family and friends.

Fox and Whisper are overjoyed to have huge long sandy beaches and dunes to explore as well as the Lakeland Fells and will soon be back to working sheep again so the move is better for them.
The sheep think that they have gone to sheep heaven. They are on fabulous grazing sharing with a friend's pony. Hopefully before too long we'll have fields of our own for them.
So it's all change for us but I think that it will be for the best in the long run. There will be lots of things to tell you all but bear with me while I find my feet again and get sorted. Then I'll have all of your blogs to catch up with too!!
Thanks for following my little tales,
Jenny xx

9 comments:

Sharrie said...

Congratulations on the new job and best of everything in your new situation.

Susan said...

I'm a newbie to your blog. What an interesting life you lead! Good luck with everything, you have a busy time ahead. Looking forward to your updates (and your beautiful pics) when you have time.

Michelle said...

Your new location looks so idyllic! Lots of changes, but they sound like positive ones. Thanks for keeping us posted, and I'll be watching for more updates.

Anonymous said...

A new start and a new and exciting challenge ahead. Cumbria is such a beautiful county. And quite near to Northumberland!

CJ xx

Claire MW said...

Wow, what a lot of news and changes! Wishing you all the best in the coming days, and hoping it is all positive change! Even positive changes can be stressful, so remember to take time for yourself in relaxing ways!

Jenny Holden said...

Thanks everyone, I think that we're all going to be very happy. I'm looking forward to getting some good blogging done soon!

Laura said...

It looks lovely! I tell people that I moved to Oregon because it reminds me of Ireland and Scotland (ok, maybe more trees). I will probably never make the trip over to your side of the pond (I'm too much of a homebody), but I really enjoy seeing the pictures.

Living with parents can be challenging, but it's also lots of fun. Glad you have family around you again!

Your sheep look like they're in hog heaven! I have green peach fuzz sticking up in my pasture after our recent rain - the boys are very happy about that, too.

I'm interested in your research focus - I did a small foraging study on pond-dwelling beaver in college. I've always liked them, but you're right - Biological research isn't very easy on the checkbook!

Good luck!

lisa said...

congrats to the job. Funny how the first thing I wondered were your sheep! lol!!

Gone2theDawgs said...

Glad to see you back! Congrats on the new job and it sounds like it's a good move for everyone involved! :)