Sunday 26 October 2008

On the edge of the rain

A funny thing happened today while walking Fox. Ahead of us was sunshine, but behind us was rain. It was rather surreal as I could put my hand out in front of me and it would stay dry, but if I turned round it got wet!

It is so beautiful when the sun shines at the moment. The trees are turning every shade from gold through copper to scarlet. Fox is perfectly coloured for Autumn and looks great running round among the fallen leaves. Unfortunately he's also difficult to spot on the hillside among the now russet coloured bracken.

Whisper is not having such a happy time. She got a puncture wound from a bit of gorse and it is all infected and nasty. Poor little thing, and poor us having a border collie pup supposedly on bed rest!

6 comments:

Nancy K. said...

I'm sorry to hear that Whisper is injured. The picture of Fox running to you is absolutely breathtaking!!!

Kara said...

Beautiful pictures, I love the description of being on the edge of rain.

Jenny Holden said...

Thanks Nancy and Kara,
I think the photo would have been nicer minus the frizbee!
It was a welcome break after a very long week!

Michelle said...

That first photo is breathtakingly surreal, like a special-effects scene from a movie. Wow!

Gone2theDawgs said...

You sure live in a beautiful part of the world! Gorgeous photos!

Sorry to hear about poor Whisper! I do know what you are going through. I've had to deal with a Border Collie, an Australian Cattle Dog and my Belgian Terv that all needed to be kept quiet. They were also all young at the time.

Sometimes I think it was harder on me seeing them unable to run around and have fun than it was on them. Hope she is better soon.

Jenny Holden said...

LOL, you can just imagine a rampaging hoard on horseback charging down that little valley!

Thanks for the lovely comments. I know that I'm very lucky to live where I do. But from your photos, you all live in places I'd love to see too!