Thursday 17 April 2008

Going Off Road


It was definitely high time for a new vehicle. With 178,000 on the clock, a leaky roof and a fog light that sometimes flashed on and off with the indicators, my little red polo has finally neared the end of his life so regretfully has now been replaced with my "little jeepy thing" also known as shed on wheels.

It was quite a novelty taking my own vehicle off road when I went water vole surveying at Warcop.
Speaking of voles, the animals that I released last year have finally put in an appearance to show that at least some of them have survived the winter. This poo might not look very exciting but it is proof that we are on our way to restoring the water vole population in this area. Now I just have to organise the next batch of voles that are due to go out in the next few weeks.

I also had a look at our new notice board that will tell visitors to the site about our project. It's very smart and has cute little vole footprints carved into it.

No comments: